Terms & Conditions
The following terms & conditions represent the basis upon which training is offered by Tuga Driving School. The provision of training is subject to the acceptance of these terms & conditions.
- Driving licenses and fitness to drive: You must hold a current valid license (either provisional or full), which must be produced on the first lesson. You must also be able to read a number plate from a distance 20.5 meters (67 feet) using your glasses if normally worn.
- Payments and Cancellation: Tuition fees are paid payable in advance. Block bookings and driving courses must be paid for in full in advance. Payment can be made by online via Paypal (PayPal Fee applies) banking transfer, or cash at the beginning of each lesson.
Driving Lessons cancellations must be made with your instructor at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the driving lesson; otherwise the full lesson fee will be charged. We do not accept cancellations by SMS.
If you need to cancel or re-arrange a lesson you must give least 48 hours notice will before lessons of up to two hours duration. Longer lessons need a minimum of four days notice. Failure to give notice will result in a valid claim for an equivalent value in compensation (i.e., a cancellation fee will be charged or credited).
Your instructor will do everything possible to ensure that your lessons start and finish on time, but reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change lesson lengths and start/finish times under certain circumstances (e.g., dangerous weather conditions). In the event of postponement fees paid in advance will be carried forward.
The instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson at short notice if it is suspected that the pupil may be unfit due to the effects of alcohol, drugs (prescribed or otherwise) or any other condition that would cause his/her driving to be dangerous or illegal. In such circumstances the lesson fee will be payable.
- Bookings and Lesson duration: Your instructor will endeavour to maintain regular lesson slots at the same time each week to ensure continuity of learning, however, this cannot be guaranteed.
The minimum lesson period is two hours unless otherwise arranged with your instructor. If for any reason, the instructor is late for the lesson he/she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of the estimated time of arrival. If the delay is greater than 15 minutes this time will be credited to the pupil and when possible the lesson will be extended by the time due if this is not possible the extra time will be carried forward to the next suitable lesson.
Any request to refund prepaid lessons must be made within 14 days from the date of payment and if paid a block discount, we will refund calculating at the normal hourly rate of any credit left.
- Training Location: All sessions will start and finish at the same location unless alternative arrangements are made in advance. The instructor will determine a location for practical lessons which ensures both the pupil’s and public safety this means that the instructor may need to drive the pupil to and from the lesson location; this journey time forms part of the lesson as paid for.
- Training vehicles: Training vehicles provided by the school are taxed, insured for the purposes of driving tuition, fully roadworthy and fitted with dual controls.
Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle must supply evidence from their motor insurer that the car is covered for lessons when being supervised by a professional instructor in return for payment; the car must also be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate where appropriate.
Any penalties acquired on driving lessons i.e. stopping in yellow box junctions, speeding fine etc. the school will charge the student for just penalties. The instructor will always do he/she best to insure this does not happen. This also applies on your driving test whist with the DVSA examiner.
- Driving tests and bookings: Your instructor reserves the right to refuse use of a driving school vehicle for test if he/she considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety.
Where a school car is used for test, the booking period will be based upon the instructor’s normal diary schedule. Depending on the time of the test and length there will always be a minimum charge of eighty pounds if longer is required additional hourly rates will be applied. See price list.
While your instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for test will be fully road worthy and comply with all legal requirements at the start of the test, he/she cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the test and is not liable for consequential loss of any fees paid in advance to instructor or DVSA.
Your instructor cannot be held responsible for test appointments cancelled by the DVSA due to bad weather, sickness, staff shortages or other reasons. Such cancellations are beyond the control of your instructor and therefore the lesson fee and ‘use of car’ fee for the booked period will be charged. Your instructor will advise about claiming compensation from the DVSA.
- Code of conduct: Your instructor agrees to abide by the conditions of the Professional Code of Conduct (a copy of which will be provided on request). In the unlikely event of complaint or dispute the guidelines of the Code of Conduct will be adhered to.
- Your rights: These conditions do not affect any protection a student has under consumer legislation.
We reserve the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions without notice, but will Endeavour to inform pupils of any changes as soon as possible, should you have any queries in relation to the above terms and conditions prior to booking please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.